“Too often we underestimate the power of a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” -Leo Buscaglia
One small, thoughtful gesture can make someone else’s day…
1. Say “Good morning” to a person standing next to you in the elevator or in line.
2. Say “I love you” to someone you love.
3. Take a minute to direct someone who is lost, even though you’re rushing.
4. Pass along a great book you’ve just finished reading.
5. Put a coin in an expired meter.
6. Each time you get a new item of clothing, give away something old.
7. Randomly, send flowers or a card to a friend.
8. Say “please” and “thank you”—and really mean it.
9. Let a fellow driver merge into your lane.
10. Put your shopping cart back in its place.
11. Call or write to a teacher who changed your life.
12. Bring a box of doughnuts to share in class.
13. Listen with all your senses.
14. Write a note to someone who has helped you, and explain how great a job that person did.
15. Simply say “I’m sorry” when you’re wrong.
16. Throw away your trash—and someone else’s—after class, lunch or a visit to a park.
17. Encourage someone who seems down.
18. Ask someone “How are you really doing?”—and then really listen to their response.