“May the odds be forever in your favor.”
You have survived through numerous exams, papers, projects, and most importantly FINALS! Congratulations!
This time next week, things may be a lot different…
No early morning/late afternoon classes.
- Freedom to eat, sleep, and repeat! (If so choose)
No more late-night studying and completing assignments.
- Unless you are binge watching your favorite shows and/or reading a great book
Most importantly, there are NO papers, exams, and assignments to complete until next semester!
- Unless you have special/additional responsibilities. Work first, so that you can relax later
As you begin to anticipate enjoying your wonderful winter break, here are a few things we suggest considering:
- Take time to reflect on this past semester.
- Things that were challenging. Why were they challenging? What can you do differently next time?
- What were your successes? Why were they successful? How can you improve, if needed?
- Debrief and share with someone you feel comfortable with
- Set goals for next semester.
- Long term/short term
- Accountability plan/goals
- Check out Clemson’s Academic Success Center site here!
- Consider housing options for next academic year.
- Prepare information needed to complete FAFSA.
- Applications are due Feb. 15th, BUT the sooner the better!
- Check out Clemson’s Financial aid site here!
For our off-campus/commuter students:
- Unplug all electrical items.
- Take valuables with you. DO NOT leave any valuable items in apartment
- Make sure beds, couches, and other flammable objects are at least three feet away from heat sources
- Keep thermostat set to a temperature no lower than 55° F. You must keep your apartment heated all winter so pipes will not freeze
- Ask the post office to hold your mail until you return from break
Enjoy your winter break Tigers! We have had a great season 😉
-Dean of Students Staff